poulet au curry
full of flavour and sure to be a winner
If you want a chicken curry recipe you can rely on to give you the taste and flavour you will love - this is definitely it!
This chicken curry recipe is great for weekend family meals or for entertaining your friends.
So whenever you feel like a warming, comforting chicken curry, reach for this recipe and it will be a winner every time.
They have the most fantastic tasting chicken in France as they are very proud of the quality of their poultry. Much depends on the quality of your chicken of course and a free range chicken will give you a superb flavour, but if you can't afford one of these simply buy the best you can as it will still taste delicious with this recipe.
You can use chicken pieces, or preferably thighs, for this if you prefer but it is much cheaper to use a whole chicken cut into pieces and it gives a better flavour too.
• 1 medium sized chicken cut into about 8 pieces.
• 2 small carrots
• 1 clove of garlic, chopped
• 1 apple, diced
• 2 medium sized onions, diced
• 2 sticks of celery, diced
• 2oz/50g butter
• 1 tablespoon flour
• 1–2 tablespoons curry powder
• Salt and pepper
• 3 tomatoes quartered
• 4oz/125g thick cream
For serving with your chicken curry recipe (optional):
• A little desiccated coconut
• Mango chutney
• 2 bananas
• Peel the carrots, apple, celery and dice them.
• Chop the garlic.
• Heat the butter in a large (big enough to hold the whole chicken pieces and
vegetables) heavy based pan and brown the chicken pieces for a few minutes on
• Add the diced vegetables, the apple and a little salt and pepper.
• Add the flour and the curry powder and mix this in well.
• Add 275mls/10fl oz of hot water, stir gently.
• Add the tomato quarters and bring to a high heat for about 1 minute then
reduce to a simmer.
• Simmer for about 1–1¼ hours. Keep an eye on it and stir the sauce
occasionally to prevent it sticking.
• When cooked, take the chicken out of the pan and place on a warm plate or
dish. Skim off any fat from the sauce.
• Stir in the cream and simmer for 1 minute.
To serve, arrange the chicken on a serving dish with the sauce over it
and serve with your favourite rice. One of the best rice dishes to have with
this recipe is Rice
Serve the rice separately and accompany with little bowls of
desiccated coconut , mango chutney and bananas...or, for that French touch, a blob of crême fraiche.
Return from Chicken Curry to Easy Chicken Recipes
Return to Home Page