Chicken with grapes or Supremes de Volaille Veronique is served with a creamy sauce! This is a delicious way to cook chicken breasts and such an easy and quick meal for your family or to impress your friends if you are entertaining.
Chickens are usually of a very good standard in France and they are very proud of their poultry. The best chicken to buy is the free range chicken if you can possibly get one or if not, the best you can get such as a corn fed chicken.
In France the Poulet de Bresse chicken is said to be the best but we don't see them outside of France as they consume them themselves!
When on holiday in France you will no doubt experience the taste of these gorgeous chickens and once you have tasted them you will wish you had them too.
France has many chicken dishes and this is just one of them, I hope you enjoy it.
• Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper
• Melt the butter in a heavy bottomed pan
• Fry the chicken breasts for about 5 minutes on each side until they are a lovely golden brown
• Remove the chicken breasts from the pan and keep them warm
• Lightly fry the shallots in the pan until they are just soft
• Add the wine to the pan and bring to the boil, stirring as you do
• Continue to boil until the liquid is reduced by half
• Add the chicken stock and continue to boil and reduce by half again
• Now add the cream to the sauce and boil again, adding any juices that may have been released from the chicken breasts.
• Add the grapes, lower the heat and cook for about 5 minutes
• Slice through the chicken breasts and serve with the sauce accompanied with the grapes and a little fresh parsley to garnish