Mushroom Pate Recipe
A fresh mushroom pate recipe for you to have an appetizer on your table that is so simple yet sensational.
Spread this on your freshly toasted bread and it will be divine. French crusty bread will never be the same without it!
• 1 tablespoon white wine or brandy
• 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
• 4oz (110gm) chopped onion
• 1 lb (450gm)of chestnut mushrooms
• 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley
• Melt the butter in a heavy bottomed pan and sweat the onion until it is soft but not brown.
• Add the mushrooms and continue cooking slowly for about 2 minutes.
• Remove from heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
• Add the pepper.
• Blend the cream cheese with the wine in a blender.
• Now place cooked mushrooms and onions to the blender together with the parsley.
• Blend gently until you have a smooth puree.(Taste at this point and adjust seasoning if needed. You can add a little salt if you like)
• Place in a serving dish and refrigerate for a few hours until firm.
Your mushroom pate will keep in the refrigerator for a few days.