Plum Tart Recipe
Alsatian Plum Tart
• 2 tablespoons (30mls) kirsh or plum brandy
• 1 partly cooked pastry shell
• 2 tablespoons rasberry jam
• 2 free range eggs
• 2oz (55g, 1/4 cup) superfine sugar
• 6fl oz (175mls, 3/4 cup) double cream
• Grated lemon rind - about 1/2 lemon
• 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
• Place the plums in a bowl with the kirsh or plum brandy and mix gently.
• Take your pre-cooked pastry shell and brush the bottom with rasberry jam.
• Beat the eggs and sugar until well mixed.
• Add the cream, lemon rind, vanilla essence and any juice from the plums.
• Place the plums with the cut side down in the pastry case.
• Pour the egg mixture over the plums.
• Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180C (350f, Gas 4) for about half and hour until golden.
Serve your plum tart warm.