1 green pepper, seeds removed
1 small bunch of basil
3 tbsp olive oil or rapeseed oil
4 cloves of garlic
50g pitted black olives
1 bouquet garni
Salt and pepper
1. Peel the tomatoes, remove the seeds and chop; drain the
olives; cut the pepper into strips; peel and crush the cloves of garlic.
2. Cut the poussin in half lengthways.
3. Heat 2 tbsps of oil in a casserole dish over a high heat,
then brown the poussin for 5 minutes on each side; place to one side and keep
4. Add 1 tbsp of oil to the casserole dish and fry the
peppers gently for 10 minutes.
5. Wash the basil and add to the casserole dish, together
with the garlic, tomatoes, bouquet garni, pepper and a little salt – keep some
basil for the garnish.
6. Add the poussin, cover and leave to cook over a gentle
heat for 25 minutes, and then, 10 minutes before the end of cooking, add the
7. Serve in a dish with the tomato sauce, and sprinkle with