I have tried many recipes for this dish but you will find this the easiest of them all - and so tasty!
This ratatouille recipe will serve 4 people.
• 2 large aubergine, cut in bite size pieces (No need to peel them)
• 2 courgettes, cut in bite size pieces (No need to peel them)
• 4 tomatoes, peeled and cut in bite size pieces. (Skins come off easily when placed in boiling water for about 2 minutes)
• 2 peppers, de-seeded and cut in bite size pieces
• 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
• 1 fennel bulb
• 8 fl oz (225 ml ) olive oil
• Bouquet garni
• Salt and pepper to taste
• Lightly brown the aubergines and remove to a flameproof casserole dish
• Add a little more of the oil to the frying pan and saute the courgettes then add them to the casserole dish.
• Cook the tomatoes, pepper and onions with the rest of the oil and transfer them to the casserole.
• Put the garlic , bouquet garni, fennel and salt and pepper on the top.
• Cover and cook the ratatouille slowly for 1 - 1 1/2 hours. (They will cook in their own juices!)
• If the ratatouille becomes too watery, remove the lid and continue cooking.
• It can be cooked in the oven also at about 180/350F or on top of the stove, slowly.
So colourful and appetizing it is full of goodness - enjoy!