Spinach Quiche Recipe
A tasty spinach quiche recipe as an alternative to meat or fish quiches. Nourishing and tasty this is one gem that will please everyone and have them coming back for second helpings!
• 2 tablespoons (1oz/30gms)minced onion
• 2 tablespoons (1oz/30gms))butter
• Salt and pepper to taste (about 1/2 teaspoon of salt is average with a pinch of pepper)
• Pinch of nutmeg
• 3 eggs or 2 eggs plus 2 egg yolks
• 1 1/2 cups (1/2 pint) single cream
• 1/4 cup (1oz) grated Swiss cheese
• Cook the onion in the butter in a heavy bottomed pan for about 1 minute.
• Add the spinach and stir for a few minutes to evaporate the water.
• Stir in the salt, pepper and nutmeg to taste.
• Beat the eggs lightly and add the cream and seasoning to taste.
• Gradually add the spinach to the egg mixture.
• Pour the mixture into the prepared pastry shell.
• Sprinkle with the Swiss cheese.
• Place on a baking tray and bake in the oven for about 20 - 30 minutes until golden brown and puffed up.