This is an easy turkey breast recipe to make the most delicious Turkey escalopes - a great meal when you're in a hurry! Escalopes are known in France as Paillards and they give you a really tasty meal which is so easy to make.
We all need a recipe that is quick to make and is tasty and good for us and this one really is so good. Quite often we forget turkey in favour of chicken recipes so it is a good change and is very nutritious.
For two people you will need:
• Two turkey breast escalopes
• 1 lemon
• 1/2 teaspoon fresh sage
• 4 tablespoons olive oil
• 2oz (55g,1/2 cup) fresh breadcrumbs
• Salt and black pepper
• Sage leaves and lemon wedges to garnish - optional
First you will need to flatten the turkey pieces a little bit as it makes it quicker to cook. To prepare your turkey escalopes for this, simply place them between two pieces of greaseproof paper or clear film.
• Now gently pound the turkey escalopes with a rolling pin or smooth side of a meat mallet. You will see how they flatten out into nice big flat escalopes. See in the picture above.
• Peel a few pieces of lemon rind and cut into thin strips called julienne strips; cover with clear film and set aside.
• Grate the remainder of the lemon rind.
• Squeeze the juice from the lemon.
• Put the grated lemon rind in a dish with the sage, salt and pepper.
• Stir in one tablespoon of the lemon juice (reserve the rest) and 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
• Place the turkey escalopes into this marinade and leave for half an hour.
• Place the fresh breadcrumbs in a dish and coat the turkey escalopes in the crumbs, coating both sides.
• Heat the olive oil in a heavy based pan and add the escalopes.
• Cook over medium heat for about three minutes. Cook both sides until golden brown.
• Keep warm by placing them on a warm plate.
• Wipe the pan out and add the remaining olive oil, the lemon julienne strips and stir well as it heats through.
• Spoon this sauce over the turkey escalopes and garnish with the sage leaves and lemon wedges.
I'm sure you will find this turkey breast recipe a winner.
You can serve your turkey escalopes with a green salad or sauteed potatoes. In fact you can have them with anything you choose! So delicious!