a fantastic meal in a hurry
This is an easy turkey breast recipe to make the most delicious Turkey escalopes – a great meal when you're in a hurry! Escalopes are known in France as 'paillards' and they give you a really tasty meal which is so easy to make.
We all need a recipe that is quick to make and is tasty and good for us and this one really is so good. Quite often we forget turkey in favour of chicken recipes so it is a good change and is very nutritious.
You can serve your turkey escalopes with a green
salad or sautéed potatoes. In fact you can have them with anything you
choose! So delicious!
turkey breast escalopes
teaspoon fresh sage
tablespoons olive oil
(55g) fresh breadcrumbs
and black pepper
leaves and lemon wedges to garnish (optional)
the turkey pieces a little bit as it makes it quicker to cook. To prepare your
turkey escalopes for this, simply place them between two pieces of greaseproof
paper or clear film.
Now gently pound the turkey escalopes with a
rolling pin or smooth side of a meat mallet. You will see how they flatten out
into nice big flat escalopes.
Peel a few pieces of lemon rind and cut into
thin strips called julienne strips; cover with clear film and set aside.
Grate the remainder of the lemon rind.
Squeeze the juice from the lemon.
Put the grated lemon rind in a dish with the
sage, salt and pepper.
Stir in one tablespoon of the lemon juice
(reserve the rest) and 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
Place the turkey escalopes into this marinade
and leave for half an hour.
· Place the fresh breadcrumbs in a dish and coat the turkey escalopes in the crumbs, coating both sides.
· Heat the olive oil in a heavy based pan and add the escalopes.
· Cook over medium heat for about three minutes. Cook both sides until golden brown.
· Keep warm by placing them on a warm plate.
· Wipe the pan out and add the remaining olive oil, the lemon julienne strips and stir well as it heats through.
· Spoon this sauce over the turkey escalopes and garnish with the sage leaves and lemon wedges.
Return to Easy French Recipes
Return to Home Page