Turkey Breast Recipe
A great turkey breast recipe to make Turkey escalopes - a great meal when you're in a hurry! Escalopes or as they are also known in France as Paillards, give you a really tasty meal which is so easy to make. Great for a midweek meal!
For two people you will need:
• Two turkey breast escalopes
• 1 lemon
• 1/2 teaspoon fresh sage
• 4 tablespoons olive oil
• 2oz (55g,1/2 cup) fresh breadcrumbs
• Salt and black pepper
• Sage leaves and lemon wedges to garnish - optional
• First prepare your turkey escalopes by placing them between two pieces of greaseproof paper or clear film.
• Pound the turkey escalopes with a rolling pin or smooth side of a meat mallet.
• Peel a few pieces of lemon rind and cut into thin julienne strips; cover with clear film and set aside.
• Grate the remainder of the lemon rind.
• Squeeze the juice from the lemon.
• Put the grated lemon rind in a dish with the sage, salt and pepper.
• Stir in one tablespoon of the lemon juice (reserve the rest) and 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
• Place the turkey escalopes into this marinade and leave for half an hour.
• Place the fresh breadcrumbs in a dish and coat the turkey escalopes in the crumbs, coating both sides.
Heat the olive oil in a heavy based pan and add the escalopes.
• Cook over medium heat for about three minutes. Cook both sides until golden brown.
• Keep warm by placing them on a warm plate.
• Wipe the pan out and add the remaining olive oil, the lemon julienne strips and stir well as it heats through.
• Spoon this sauce over the turkey escalopes and garnish with the sage leaves and lemon wedges.
I'm sure you will find this turkey breast recipe a winner.
You can serve your turkey escalopes with a
or sauteed potatoes. In fact you can have them with anything you choose! Delicious!
Return from Turkey Breast Recipe to Easy French Recipes
Return to Home Page