Savory French Crepes
French crepes recipes are often made with sweet fillings such as the crepes suzette, but they can be savory as well.
Ficelle Picarde Is A Savory French Crepe
One of the most popular is the Ficelle Picarde which
is a popular French pancake filled with ham and mushrooms in a creamy sauce.
created by the chef Marcel Lefèvre and now part of the Picardy cuisine.
Grab my Recipe Collection Of The Month &...
Savory French Crepes
Ficelle, meaning string in English is the name given to this tasty pancake or crepe and it is a good hearty dish for your family or for entertaining.
The ham should be a good quality such as a piece that you would boil or bake yourself but you can buy good boiled ham in most places nowadays.
Do not buy the thin wafer like ham as it will not quite be the same.
Savory French Crepe ~ Ficelle Picarde
Like it? ~ Let us know below!
Don't worry, you have a choice to print the photo or not, when you click print! ;-)
Ficelle Picarde ~ Savory French Crepes
French crepes recipes don't get any better than these. One of the most popular is the Ficelle Picarde which is a popular French pancake filled with ham and mushrooms in a creamy sauce.
- 150 gr/5.2 oz/1¼ cups plain flour
- 3 eggs
- 500 mls/1 pint/2 cups milk
- 4 slices of cooked ham – a good quality ham is best for this
- ½ lb/250 gr mushrooms, peeled and chopped finely
- ½ lb/250 gr shallots or onions finely chopped
- 2 oz/50 gr butter
- 250 mls double cream
- 3 oz/75 gr grated Gruyère cheese
- 1 tsp of mustard (Dijon or grain, as preferred) – optional
- Make the pancake batter by beating the eggs, flour, milk and salt together and leave half an hour. You can use a mixer/processor for this if you want.
- Make your pancakes and keep them warm until you have your filling ready.
- Melt the butter in a pan and gently fry the onions or shallots until soft but not browned.
- Add the chopped mushrooms and fry gently for another ten minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and add two tablespoons of thick cream to the pan, mix well and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the mustard, if preferred, at this stage, to spice up the mixture.
- Take each of your pancakes and put a slice of ham and then a tablespoon of the mushroom and onion mixture onto each one, roll up and place in a warm ovenproof dish.
- Put some cream over the pancakes and sprinkle with grated cheese and bake for about ten minutes in a hot oven until cheese has melted and turned a golden brown.
- Your Ficelle Picarde’s are now ready to serve... French crepes recipes don't get any better than these!
Visit my Pinterest boards.
Get the nutritional information for this recipe from CALORIE COUNTER, it’s easy.
Need a different weight or volume measurement for the ingredients in this recipe? Get it at CONVERT ME.
Copyright © 2014-2020 www.lovefrenchfood.com
crepes, ficelle picarde, french food,
French food, cooking, easy meals
Don't forget to
Grab my Recipe Collection of the month &...
Please let me know if you like this page or found it helpful!
Comments System WIDGET PACK