You can serve your
bacon salad just as it is or with some really tasty variations.
Sometimes it has
hard-boiled egg, chopped and sprinkled on it. Or another really great way to
serve it is with a lightly poached egg on the top - it's so heavenly!
It's a great way to
combine fresh salad leaves with delicious crispy bacon - a really tasty meal
for all your family and friends.
Ingredients Serves Four
• 8oz (225gm, 6 cups) of frisée lettuce or in the summer, dandelion leaves can be used.
• 8oz (225gm) of smoked bacon rashers cut into small pieces
• 2 slices thick white bread cut into cubes
• 1 small clove of garlic, chopped (optional)
• 6 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
• 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
• Salt and black pepper to taste
• Break the lettuce up into small pieces with your hands and place in a salad bowl.
• Gently fry the bacon in a heavy bottomed pan with a little oil until browned. Remove and drain on kitchen paper.
• Add a drop more oil to the pan and fry the bread cubes until brown. Drain on kitchen paper.
• Stir the garlic, vinegar and mustard into the pan, whisk it together until warm.
• Season to taste and pour over the salad leaves with the bacon and croutons.