Bacon Salad Recipe
"Frisee aux Lardons"
Bacon Salad Recipe Favored All Over France
Bacon Salad ~ Frisée aux Lardons
This wonderful bacon
salad recipe or Frisée aux Lardons is very popular in all areas of France.
is a simple but very tasty salad dish to make for any time of day.
You can serve your bacon salad just as it is or with some really tasty variations.
Sometimes it has hard-boiled egg, chopped and sprinkled on it.
Or another really great way to serve it is with a lightly poached egg on the top - it's so heavenly!
It's a great way to combine fresh salad leaves with delicious crispy bacon - a really tasty meal for all your family and friends.
Tips For Great Bacon Salad Recipe
Start with a green.
Frisée lettuce, which has a frizzy texture, part of the chicory family, as well as a distinctive bitter edge which may not sound tasty, but is delightful.
Or dandelion when it is in spring growth before the flower.
Then the bacon, lean, lean, lean is the key here as you will be making a dressing from the drippings, and you do not want a dressing drizzled on your salad which is bacon fat laden.
So, you will need a little olive oil to gently fry the lean bacon and then some of the other delicious items in the ingredient list.
Sourdough cubes or any other white bread favorite that you may have will work perfect.
The above all mixed with the flavourings of garlic, red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard and fresh ground pepper. Mmm...
Bacon Salad Recipe
Like it? ~ Let us know below!
Don't worry, you have a choice to print the photo or not, when you click print! ;-)
Frisée aux Lardons ~ Bacon Salad
A simple but very tasty salad dish to make for any time of day.
- 48oz (1377gm, 6 cups) of frisée lettuce or in the summer, dandelion leaves can be used.
- 8oz (225gm, 1 cup) of smoked bacon rashers (very lean bacon) cut into small pieces
- 2 slices thick white bread cut into cubes
- 1 small clove of garlic, chopped (optional)
- 6 tablespoons (2.9 oz) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon (0.5 oz) red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons (0.33 oz) Dijon mustard
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- chopped hard-boiled egg sprinkled on top
- poached egg perched on top
- Break the lettuce up into small pieces with your hands and place in a salad bowl.
- Gently fry the bacon in a heavy bottomed pan with a little oil until browned. Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Add a drop more oil to the pan and fry the bread cubes until brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Stir the garlic, vinegar and mustard into the pan, whisk it together until warm.
- Season to taste and pour over the salad leaves with the bacon and croutons.
- Visit my Pinterest boards.
- Get the nutritional information for this recipe from CALORIE COUNTER, it’s easy.
- Need a different weight or volume measurement for the ingredients in this recipe? Get it at CONVERT ME.
Serve at once with a glass of red wine. Heavenly!
Visit my Pinterest, Facebook Page & Twitter.
Get the nutritional information for this recipe from CALORIE COUNTER, it’s easy.
Need a different weight or volume measurement for the ingredients in this recipe? Get it at CONVERT ME.
Copyright © 2014-2020 www.lovefrenchfood.com
bacon salad, french salad, frisée aux lardons
french recipes, Food & Beverage, Home & Garden, Kitchen/Cooking
Did you make this recipe?
Serve at once with a glass of red wine.
More Great Recipes