simplicity is the secret of this tasty soup
Carrot soup – well it
doesn't get any easier than this bowl of gorgeous home made Potage Crécy.
Almost everyone loves carrots and this is just another way of making a great
dish with a simple everyday vegetable that is bursting with flavour.
This is a very
easy French recipe for a colourful and tasty carrot soup. Very cheap and
economial to make too. A good starter or light meal for your family or friends.
So when you are looking for an easy soup recipe, this is definitely one to add to your favorite's list! In fact, of all the vegetable ones out there, this has got to be a winner all round.
Full of flavour and vitamins,is very good for your health and it is one of the most inexpensive soups. Kids will love it!
• 1 lb ( 450gms) carrots, peeled and chopped in small pieces
• 12ozs (350 gm) potatoes, peeled and chopped in small pieces
• 4ozs (100gms) turnips
• 2ozs (50gms) butter
• 1.4 litres (2½ pints) water
• 6 oz (175gm) onion chopped
• Salt and pepper to taste
• Melt half of the butter in a heavy bottomed pan
• Cook the carrots and turnips until soft, stirring frequently
• Add the potatoes, water and salt and pepper
• Bring to the boil and reduce to simmer
• Simmer for about 1 hour
• Melt the butter in another pan and cook the onion until soft
• Blend the soup in a liquidiser, if too thick add a little milk or water
• Mix in the cooked onion
• Taste at this stage and season to your liking with salt and pepper
• Simmer for about 10mins before serving.
Now that your beautiful and tasty soup is ready to serve you can choose
whatever you like to accompany it. If you like some nice little croutons
of fried bread - simply delicous. Or you can serve it with lovely
crusty bread fresh from the oven.
We all know that carrots make delicious side vegetables with a main meal and can even be used raw in salads and crudites.
They are also the basis of lots of other good soup recipes too and even add flavor to sauces for meat and fish along with onions and herbs.
Want to grow your own? Take a look here and find out how.
Return to Easy French Recipes
Return to Home Page