Mousse Au Chocolat
Chocolate Mousse Dessert
A firm favourite with everyone, and so easy to make. Impress your friends, or just indulge yourself.
Chocolate Mousse Divine
Like it? ~ Let us know below!
Don't worry, you have a choice to print the photo or not, when you click print! ;-)
Chocolate mousse is a luscious and rich chocolate dessert that melts in your mouth. It truly is a top dessert to make, easy, and a number one choice.
- 4 oz/ 2/3 cup pure chocolate chips or cocoa solids
- 2 eggs (separated)
- 1 tablespoon of brandy
- 2 heaped teaspoons of whipped cream
- A small amount of grated dark chocolate
- Carefully melt the chocolate in a bowl over a gently bubbling pan of hot water for a maximum of three minutes OR a double boiler OR microwave in 20-second intervals until almost completely melted and then stir until completely melted. (Be careful, I have burnt chocolate in the microwave more than once.)
- Remove from the heat when it is smooth and liquid when using either of the first two methods.
- Beat the egg yolks into the chocolate whilst still hot, and then leave to cool for approximately 15 minutes.
- Now beat the egg whites, not too stiffly (into soft peaks), and fold into the mixture.
- Spoon the mixture into two stemmed wine glasses, cover with cling film and leave to chill for two hours. The mixture then becomes firm.
- Before serving, pierce the surface of each mousse and allow the brandy to soak into the surface.
- Top with a blob of the whipped cream and sprinkle with the grated chocolate.
- Dip your spoon into heaven!
Visit my Pinterest boards.
Get the nutritional information for this recipe from CALORIE COUNTER, it’s easy.
Need a different weight or volume measurement for the ingredients in this recipe? Get it at CONVERT ME.
Copyright © 2014-2020 www.lovefrenchfood.com
chocolate mousse, french food, desserts
desserts, French food, cooking
Did you make this recipe?
Easy French Chicken Recipes
Season To Your Taste
6 Delicious Stocks
Love French Food