This crab quiche recipe is a delight on a summer's day with a salad and a glass of French white wine.
It is equally good as a starter for entertaining, or just on its own when you want some good wholesome comfort food!
You could also use other sea food such as shrimps, or lobster for this gorgeous sea-tasting quiche!
A delicious and easy crab quiche for everyone to enjoy. You don't need an occasion to make one, but they are great for parties!
1 partially cooked 8-inch pastry shell. You will find all the information for making the pastry shell at the Patisserie! Please go to French Pastry Recipes
· 4oz of fresh or canned crab meat
· 2 tbsps of Madeira or dry white wine
· 2 tbsps of minced onion
· 3 tbsps of butter
· 3 eggs
· 1 cup single cream
· 1 tbsp tomato paste
· grated Swiss cheese, such as Gruyère or Comté
Salt and pepper to taste
· Prepare the oven to 190°C (375°F / Gas 5)
· Cook the onion gently in the butter in a heavy bottomed pan.
· Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper to taste.
· Add the wine or Madeira and cook for about 1 minute.
· Let it cool.
· Beat the eggs gently in a large bowl together with the cream, tomato paste, salt and pepper.
· Pour this mixture into the prepared pastry shell.
· Sprinkle the cheese over the top.
Bake on a baking tray for 25-30 minutes until it
is golden brown and has puffed up.