Heavenly Pancakes With A Twist
Crepes Suzette are the simplest yet amazingly delicious little French pancakes for you to make any time for your family or friends.
Crepes Suzette Flambee
my first encounter with them was in a Spanish hotel forty years ago.
They are a traditional food especially in the Brittany
region of France in the north west.
This is just one of the delights from the gorgeous region of Brittany.
You will see these little crepes almost
everywhere and they can have savory or sweet fillings.
However, for this
recipe it is going to be a delicious sweet crepe which you can make for any
occasion you like.
Imagine giving your family these beautiful little pancakes
for a treat or impressing your friends when they come over for a meal, simple
yet so tasty without costing a fortune.
So you don't need a special occasion to make these little
darlings, just a passion for good food and a simple recipe to help you!
it is, keep this one handy in your kitchen for when you want a treat!
It isn't the classic all-in-the-pan recipe as the classic crepes suzette recipe, but it's somewhat easier to do it this way.
Crepes Suzette Sensation
Like it? ~ Let us know below!
Don't worry, you have a choice to print the photo or not, when you click print! ;-)
You don't need a special occasion to make these little darlings, just a passion for good food and a simple recipe to help you!
- (4 oz/)½ cup plain flour
- 1 (level) tbsp castor sugar
- 1 egg, plus
- 1 egg yolk
- (½ pint/)1 cup milk and water mixed
- 1 tbsp (melted) butter
- 1 tbsp brandy
The Suzette Butter
- (3 oz/)⅓ cup unsalted butter
- (3 oz/)⅓ cup castor sugar (buzz granulated sugar in the blender until finer but not powder, be careful not to breathe in the dust)
- 1 orange rind (grated)
- 2 tablespoons of Cointreau
- 2-3 tbsp brandy (or liqueur)
- Make the batter by whisking the eggs, flour, sugar, and milk/water into the flour to a creamy consistency.
- Leave to stand for a couple of hours.
- When ready to use, stir in the butter and brandy.
- Make very small pancakes in a petite frying pan.
- Stack them on top of one another and keep warm.
- Cream the butter, sugar, orange rind together.
- Add the liqueur.
- Spread this mixture onto each crepe/pancake and roll-up.
- Place them side-by-side in a flameproof dish and sprinkle with sugar.
- Place in a hot oven for 5 minutes.
- At the table, pour the brandy or liqueur onto a heated spoon, ignite and pour over the pancakes. (All you need is confidence the first time, but be careful!)
- A wonderful dessert!
The nutritional information for this recipe has been calculated electronically, if you are not satisfied with these results, please use the link to CALORIE COUNTER in the Notes section.
Copyright © 2014-2021 www.lovefrenchfood.com
crepes suzette, pancakes, flambee, french food
French Food, Food & Beverage, Home & Garden, Kitchen/Cooking
Did you make this recipe?
A wonderful dessert!
Now you have a recipe for these traditional little French pancakes and you can make them whenever the desire takes your fancy!
More Great Recipes