Fish Stock Recipe
Fumme De Poisson
This fish stock recipe will make about two litres (3 ½ pints, or 8 cups )of good stock which can be used immediately or frozen until needed. It will form the basis of a good fish dish and give you such excellent flavour.
• lb (900gm, 8 cups ) fresh fish: this can be fish heads, fish bones, fresh or cooked shellfish leftovers, any fish trimmings.
• 1 onion thinly sliced
• 6 parsley stems – not the leaves as they will darken the stock.
• 1 carrot thinly sliced
• 1 cup dry white wine
• 1 teaspoon lemon juice
• Pinch of salt
• Place all the ingredients into a large heavy bottomed pan or, if you have, a fish kettle.
• Bring to the boil and skim any foam which may have formed on top.
• Reduce heat and simmer slowly, uncovered, for about half an hour.
• Pass the contents through a fine sieve – a muslin lined one is best if you have one.
• Cool the stock and when cold, you can place in your refrigerator or freezer.
So easy and yet it will give you such a divine flavour!
Return from Fish Stock Recipe to Stock Recipes
Return to Home Page