Easy Grilled Chicken
Poulet Grillé A La Diable
Grilled chicken recipes are a great way to give your family and friends a good wholesome meal and are nice and easy to make at home. So quick and labour saving for busy people!
The chicken tastes much better if it is a free range chicken but if this is not possible, don't worry, it will still taste good when prepared and cooked using a good recipe.
A good tip for cooking grilled chicken is to ensure that the chicken is dried first as this helps to give it a good crispy brown colour. You can dry the chicken with kitchen paper before cooking. A light sprinkling of salt and some herbs also adds to the final taste. And, last but not least, if you use butter, or at least half butter and half oil such as olive oil your chicken will taste even better.
• 2oz butter
• 2 tbsps olive oil
• 2 chicken halves (small chickens)
• 2 tbsps Dijon mustard
• 1oz finely chopped onion or spring onion
• ½ tsp dried thyme
• Pinch of cayenne pepper
• Fresh white breadcrumbs for coating
• Watercress to garnish
1. Melt the butter with the olive oil either in a pan or in the microwave.
2. Dry the chicken halves then brush with the melted butter and oil.
3. Place the chicken pieces, skin side down in a grill pan and cook for about 15 minutes on each side, brushing with the oil and sprinkling with salt twice during the cooking.
4. Mix the mustard, cayenne pepper, onions and thyme together in a basin, adding 2 tablespoons of the melted fat very slowly, drop by drop.
5. Spread this mixture all over the chicken pieces.
6. Roll the chicken pieces in the breadcrumbs, pressing down on them firmly.
7. Put the chicken pieces back on the grill pan and sprinkle with the remaining fat and grill until crisp and golden - about 10 minutes. Watch they don't burn, turn heat down if they cook too quickly.
Serve at once with the watercress garnish.