A very easy french recipe for leek and potato soup which is so warming and delicious.
A very economical meal for your family or a tasty starter when entertaining! You will love it!
· 1 lb (450gm) potatoes
· 1 lb (450gm) leeks
· 3 oz (75gm) butter
· 1¾ pints water
· ½ pint (275ml) milk
· Salt and pepper to taste
· A few chopped chives to garnish. (You can garnish with parsley, chives or anything you like)
· Prepare the potatoes by peeling and cutting them into small pieces
· Clean and prepare the leeks, cutting them into ½ inch (1cm) lengths
· Melt the butter in a heavy bottomed pan
· Cook the leeks in the butter until soft
· Add the water, potatoes and salt and pepper to taste
· Cover and bring to the boil
· Reduce to simmer and cook for half an hour
· Blend in a liquidiser
· Return to the pan and add milk
· Bring back to boil and reduce to simmer for a few minutes before serving
Garnish with chopped chives, or any herb you prefer, such as parsley.
Serve with croutons or your favourite bread.
Return to Easy French Recipes
Return from leek and potato soup to Home page