Liver Pate Recipe
This Liver Pate recipe or Pate De Foie Du Porc is the simplest pate of all. You will be able to make this in the quickest time and the cost is very little. It is rich and tasty and is suitable for your hors d oeuvres or a light meal.
• 8oz (225gm)fresh belly pork (boned)
• 1/2 clove of garlic
• 2 tablespoons dry white wine or brandy
• 2 level teaspoons salt
• 1 level teaspoon ground black pepper
• 3 rashers of streaky bacon
• Mince or crush the garlic very finely
• Add the garlic to the minced meat
• Add the wine or brandy
• Add the salt and pepper
• Mix all the ingredients and press into a pint size oven-proof dish or terrine.
• Stretch the streaky bacon into thin strips with a knife and place on the top of the meat in a criss cross fashion over it.
• Cover with a lid or foil if you don't have a lid.
• Leave for a few hours before baking so that the flavours blend beautifully.
• Place the dish in a baking tray with water which comes half way up the dish.
• Bake in the centre of a pre-heated oven 300F (gas 3, ) for about 1 1/2 hours.
• Remove the lid for the last 10minutes.