• 8oz (225gm)pigs liver
• 8oz (225gm)fresh belly pork (boned)
• 1/2 clove of garlic
• 2 tbsps dry white wine or brandy
• 2 level tsps salt
• 1 level tsp ground black pepper
• 3 rashers of streaky bacon
1. Mince the liver and pork coarsely
2. Mince or crush the garlic very finely
3. Add the garlic to the minced meat
4. Add the wine or brandy
5. Add the salt and pepper
6. Mix all the ingredients and press into a pint size oven-proof dish or terrine.
7. Stretch the streaky bacon into thin strips with a knife and place on the top of the meat in a crisscross fashion over it.
8. Cover with a lid or foil if you don't have a lid.
9. Leave for a few hours before baking so that the flavours blend beautifully.
10. Place the dish in a baking tray with water which comes half way up the dish.
11. Bake in the centre of a pre-heated oven 150°C for about 1½ hours.
12. Remove the lid for the last 10minutes.
When cold, place your liver pate in the refrigerator for a couple of days before using. This brings out the flavours and your pate will be wonderful!
Serve with freshly made toast, crispy French bread or sliced thick with green salads.
Simply divine you'll love this one!