Cream of Mushroom Soup
Potage Veloute Aux Champignons
A very special classic cream of mushroom soup for special occasions or entertaining.
Well, ok it is very special, but we love it any time when the mood takes us!
Its rich, but you can cut back on other things and just enjoy this creamy delight!
Enjoy This Creamy Mushroom Soup
Like it? ~ Let us know below!
Don't worry, you have a choice to print the photo or not, when you click print! ;-)
Cream Of Mushroom Soup
This is a super dish to serve to guests, but don't forget to make it for you and your family too, often.
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 500gms/1lb fresh mushrooms
- 4 ozs/6 level tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 ozs/3 level tbsp flour
- 1 1/2 pints/3 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 pint/1/2cup cream
- A few small sliced mushrooms to garnish (optional)
- Fresh chopped chervil or parsley
- Prepare the mushrooms by removing the stems from the caps.
- Cook the chopped onions in about 1 oz butter until soft but not browned, adding garlic just before onions are done.
- Remove from heat and blend in the flour, mixing in well.
- Mix in the boiling stock, and return to heat.
- Mix in the mushroom stems and season to taste.
- Simmer for about 30 minutes, partly cover the pan with the lid.
- After 30 mins, strain the liquid from the stems, or place in a blender and bring to a pulp.
- Return the soup to the saucepan.
- In a separate pan, melt a little butter and cook the mushroom caps with the salt and lemon juice.
- Put a lid on this saucepan and cook on low heat for about 5 minutes.
- Now, transfer the mushroom caps and all their juices to the strained mushroom soup base.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes.
- When almost ready to serve, beat the egg yolks with the cream in a mixing bowl.
- Add a little of the soup mixture to the egg and cream mixture, mixing it in well. Add more until you have about 1/2 pint.
- Add the rest of the egg and cream mixture.
- Return it all to the saucepan and cook very slowly for about 3 minutes.
- Pour the soup into either a soup terrine or individual soup dishes.
- Garnish with mushrooms or fresh herbs if you prefer.
Visit my Pinterest boards.
Get the nutritional information for this recipe from CALORIE COUNTER, it’s easy.
Need a different weight or volume measurement for the ingredients in this recipe? Get it at CONVERT ME.
Copyright © 2014-2020 www.lovefrenchfood.com
mushroon soup, french food, cream soup, recipe
cooking, French food, homemade
Did you make this recipe?
I'm sure you will find your friends will complement you on this one.
It is so divine.
But we love it for a supper dish too!
Love French Food
Easy Soup Recipes