Mussel Soup Recipe
Soupe Aux Moules
This is a delicious mussel soup recipe that is very quick and easy to make at home. Excellent for entertaining or just for a special treat for your family.
Bring the taste of the sea to your table with this wonderful tasty soup.
Often people are scared to cook mussels or don't know how - it is in fact very easy to cook them. However, it is the preparation that is the important part. You have to be careful that the mussels are healthy to eat and as long as you take good care with this you will be fine.
Mussels need to be closed when you pop them in the pan – throw any away if they are open. When they are cooked they should be open – again, throw them away if they remain closed. Please take care with this part!
• 2oz, (4 level tablespoons)butter
• 4oz, (115gm) onions chopped finely
• 8oz, (230gm) ripe tomatoes, skinned and chopped
• 8 tablespoons dry white wine
• Black pepper
Parsley, chopped for garnish.
• Fry the chopped onion in a heavy bottomed pan, in the melted butter, until soft and golden.
• Pour the wine into the onions.
• Add the chopped tomatoes.
• Boil for one minute.
• Add the mussels, cover the pan and cook quickly for about eight minutes, shaking the pan until the mussels open.
• Remove the shells as they open.
• IMPORTANT - Throw away any that do not open!!
• Place the mussels in a serving bowl immediately with the liquid strained over them.
• Season with freshly ground black pepper and garnish with chopped parsley.
And don't forget a glass of white wine to wash it down!
Return from Mussel Soup Recipe to Fish Recipes
Return to Home page