Mussel Soup Recipe
Soupe Aux Moules
This is a delicious mussel soup recipe that is very quick and easy to make at home.
Excellent for entertaining or just for a special treat for your family.
Bring the taste of the sea to your table with this wonderful tasty soup.
Often people are scared to cook mussels or don't know how, yet, it is in fact very easy to cook them.
However, it is the preparation that is the important part.
You have to be careful that the mussels are healthy to eat and as long as you take good care with this you will be fine.
Mussels need to be closed when you pop them in the pan, throw any away if they are open.
When they are cooked they should be open, again, throw them away if they remain closed.
Please take care with this part!
More wonderful mussel recipes to enjoy!
So Good Mussel Soup Recipe
Like it? ~ Let us know below!
Don't worry, you have a choice to print the photo or not, when you click print! ;-)
This is a fabulous soup with a wonderful flavor of the sea.
It is delicious served with crusty French bread spread with creamy French butter.
- 3 pints/about 6 cups or 2lb small mussels
- 2oz/4 level tbsp/1/4 cup butter
- 4oz/115gm/1/2 cup onions chopped finely
- 8oz/230gm/1cup ripe tomatoes, skinned and chopped
- 8 tbsp dry white wine
- Black pepper
- Parsley, chopped for garnish
- Clean the mussels well by scrubbing and scraping them in several changes of cold water – IMPORTANT – throw away any that do not shut tightly!)
- Fry the chopped onion in a heavy-bottomed pan in the melted butter, until soft and golden.
- Pour the wine into the onions.
- Add the chopped tomatoes.
- Boil for one minute.
- Add the mussels, cover the pan, and cook quickly for about eight minutes, shaking the pan until the mussels open.
- Remove the shells as they open.
- IMPORTANT - Throw away any that do not open!!
- Place the mussels in a serving bowl immediately with the liquid strained over them.
- Season with freshly ground black pepper and garnish with chopped parsley.
- So Delicious!
Visit my Pinterest boards.
Get the nutritional information for this recipe from CALORIE COUNTER, it’s easy.
Need a different weight or volume measurement for the ingredients in this recipe? Get it at CONVERT ME.
Copyright © 2014-2020 www.lovefrenchfood.com
mussel soup, shellfish, appetizer
cooking, French food, seafood, recipes
Did you make this recipe?
And don't forget a glass of white wine to wash this lovely Mussel Soup recipe down!
More Great Recipes
Love French Food