Filled with Comté cheese, and topped with asparagus, this
French omelette comtoise makes breakfast into a special occasion.
8 cooked asparagus sprigs
6 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
2 diced ham slices
200 gm Comté cheese, grated
200 ml of milk
1 onion, finely chopped
2 tablespoons oil*
Salt and pepper, to taste
* Do not cook with olive oil; all the goodness disappears in
the cooking. Use Rice Bran oil, or sunflower oil.
Pre-heat the oven to 170°C.
1. Peel and chop the onions. Fry them until they become
transparent using oil.
2. Whisk the milk with eggs in a bowl.
3. Add the tomatoes, ham, grated cheese and onion.
4. Season with salt and pepper, and sprinkle with grated
nutmeg to taste. Mix it all well.
5. Heat the oil in an oven-proof pan on the cooker. Pour in
the egg mixture and cook for 5 minutes.
6. Arrange the asparagus on top of the omelette, and put in
the oven for 15 minutes, so that the omelette rises. Keep an eye on it, to
prevent it from burning.