1. In a small bowl, mix the yeast and sugar with a tablespoon
of warm water to activate. Leave for 5 minutes in a warm place until frothy.
2. Meanwhile, in a separate bowl mix the flour, salt and
3. Once yeast is frothy add it to the flour with the oil,
yoghurt and milk.
4. Knead the dough, with slightly wet hands, folding as you
go until it is nice and soft.
5. Place the dough in a mixing bowl, cover it with cling film
and leave it in a warm place to rise for 1 hour.
6. Divide the dough into four balls and place on a floured
7. Place all ingredients for the filling into a blender and
blitz to a course powder.
8. Flatten out each ball and place about 1 tbsp of the
filling into the middle. Pull up the dough to seal the filling inside then
carefully roll into a tear shape about 0.5cm/¼in thick.
9. Heat the frying pan and turn on the grill to high, to heat
up. Place the naan onto the pan for about a minute or two to brown on one side.
10. Transfer to a baking tray (cooked side down) and cook
under a hot grill for 2 - 5 minutes until all puffed up. Smear with butter to