We love to hear from our visitors, please leave us a comment at the bottom of the page!
Scrambled Eggs Basquaise
It is so easy to make and is ideal for breakfast or a light lunch.
La Peperade A Tasty Brunch Or Breakfast
Like it? ~ Let us know below!
Don't worry, you have a choice to print the photo or not, when you click print! ;-)
This is an old recipe and it makes two very good portions!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ½ cup (4oz)diced bacon
- 4 green peppers, seeded and cut into small pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 4 tomatoes, peeled, seeded
- 4 free-range eggs, well beaten
- Salt and black pepper
- Heat the butter and the oil in a frying pan.
- Cook the bacon, green peppers, and onion over medium heat until soft.
- Add the garlic and tomatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Raise the heat and with a fork, crush the tomatoes and this will evaporate the juices.
- When the vegetables are cooked, add the four well-beaten eggs to the pan.
- Immediately mix a fork until the eggs are sufficiently scrambled.
- Serve your La Piperade immediately.
- You can omit the bacon if you prefer but it does give a wonderful flavor.
- Red peppers may be used but I think the green ones look beautiful with the red of the tomatoes.
Visit my Pinterest boards.
Get the nutritional information for this recipe from CALORIE COUNTER, it’s easy.
Need a different weight or volume measurement for the ingredients in this recipe? Get it at CONVERT ME.
Copyright © 2014-2020 www.lovefrenchfood.com
la piperade recipe, french food, brunch dishes
French food, brunch recipes, cooking
Did you make this recipe?
Love French Food