Plum Tart Recipe
Alsatian Plum Tart
This delicious creamy plum tart recipe is a wonderful way to use fruits that are in season.
Plum Tart Recipe A Real Treat
Fruit tarts such as this are very typical of the Alsace area of France where they are made with a dough base as well as pastry.
If you prefer you can use other fruits especially those in season or you can use a mixture of fruits.
See other fruit tart recipes.
A Terrific Plum Tart Recipe
Like it? ~ Let us know below!
Don't worry, you have a choice to print the photo or not, when you click print! ;-)
Plum Tart Terrific
A simple yet elegant and terribly delicious dessert that can be used with any fruit that you have on hand.
- One partly cooked pastry shell. (recipe and instructions for pastry shells)
- 1 lb/500 gm) of ripe plums
- 2 tbsp/30 mls Kirsh or plum brandy
- 1 partly cooked pastry shell
- 2 tablespoons raspberry jam
- 2 free-range eggs if available
- 2 oz/55 gr/1/4 cup) superfine sugar/castor sugar (You can use granulated sugar that you have placed in the blender and buzzed a couple of times to make it finer but not a powder. Leave blender lid on until the sugar dust settles.)
- 6fl oz/175 mls/3/4 cup) double cream
- Grated lemon rind - about 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Prepare your plums by cutting them in half and removing the stones.
- Place the plums in a bowl with the Kirsch or plum brandy and mix gently.
- Take your pre-cooked pastry shell and brush the bottom with raspberry jam.
- Beat the eggs and sugar until well mixed.
- Add the cream, lemon rind, vanilla essence, and any juice from the plums.
- Place the plums with the cut side down in the pastry case.
- Pour the egg mixture over the plums.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180C/350F/Gas 4 for about half an hour until golden.
- Serve your plum tart warm.
Visit my Pinterest boards.
Get the nutritional information for this recipe from CALORIE COUNTER, it’s easy.
Need a different weight or volume measurement for the ingredients in this recipe? Get it at CONVERT ME.
Copyright © 2014-2020 www.lovefrenchfood.com
plum tart recipe, french food, pastry shells, patisserie
French food, cooking, desserts, pastries
Did you make this recipe?
Love French Food
French Dessert Recipes
Plum Tart Recipe