A Tasty Vegetable Dish
You will be sure to fall in love with this simple, easy ratatouille recipe.
Ratatouille An Excellent Vegetable Dish
Full of the goodness of the colorful Mediterranean vegetables, a magnificent dish for any table!
Ratatouille makes an excellent main meal or it can accompany meat. It can be served hot or cold to your liking, we enjoy it served with brown rice!
I have tried many ratatouille recipes for this dish but you will find this the easiest of them all, and so tasty!
The Best Ratatouille Recipe
Like it? ~ Let us know below!
Don't worry, you have a choice to print the photo or not, when you click print! ;-)
Full of the goodness of the colorful Mediterranean vegetables - a magnificent dish for any table! I have tried many recipes for this dish but you will find this the easiest of them all - and so tasty!
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 large aubergine, cut into bite-size pieces (No need to peel them)
- 2 courgettes, cut into bite-size pieces (No need to peel them)
- 4 tomatoes, peeled and cut into bite-size pieces. (Skins come off easily when placed in boiling water for about 2 minutes)
- 2 peppers, de-seeded and cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 fennel bulb
- 8 fl oz (225 ml ) olive oil
- Bouquet garni
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a large heavy-bottomed pan
- Lightly brown the aubergines and remove to a flameproof casserole dish
- Add a little more of the oil to the frying pan and saute the courgettes then add them to the casserole dish.
- Cook the tomatoes, pepper, and onions with the rest of the oil and transfer them to the casserole.
- Put the garlic, bouquet garni, fennel, and salt and pepper on the top.
- Cover and cook the ratatouille slowly for 1 - 1 1/2 hours. (They will cook in their own juices!)
- If the ratatouille becomes too watery, remove the lid and continue cooking.
- It can be cooked in the oven also at about 180C/350F or on top of the stove, slowly.
- So colorful and appetizing it is full of goodness, enjoy!
Visit my Pinterest boards.
Get the nutritional information for this recipe from CALORIE COUNTER, it’s easy.
Need a different weight or volume measurement for the ingredients in this recipe? Get it at CONVERT ME.
Copyright © 2014-2020 www.lovefrenchfood.com
ratatouille, vegetable recipes, french food
French food, recipes, cooking, vegetable dishes
Did you make this recipe?
Love French Food