ROASTED SHOULDER OF LAMB
One of the classic dishes from Provence, and so easy to
prepare. Doubly pleasing because it uses basic root vegetables and a
comparatively cheap cut of meat.
This lamb dish can be served with any root vegetable, and/or
a good helping of mashed potatoes.
Grab my Recipe Collection Of The Month &...
3 tbsp good
quality olive oil
pepper to taste
vegetable mix (e.g. carrots, onion, garlic, celery, turnip, parsnip), cut into
1. Trim the shoulder of lamb of excess white fat, but not
all of it.
2. Make a bed of the vegetables in a roasting pan.
3. Put the lamb skin side down in the roasting dish, and
season well with salt and pepper, and the piment d’esplette.
4. Add the olive oil.
5. Cook in the over at 200°C (400°F) for about 30 minutes.
6. Turn the shoulder over, and season the other side as
7. Reduce the oven temperature of 180°C (350°F) and cook
again for 15 minutes.
8. Allow the meat to rest for a good 15 minutes before
Don't forget to
Grab my Recipe Collection of the month &...
Please let me know if you like this page or found it helpful!
Comments System WIDGET PACK