Filets Of Sole Recipe
Filets De Sole Au Vermouth
An easy sole recipe to give you a delicious French dish that everyone will love and come back for more.
Filets de Sole au Vermouth
This filets of Sole recipe, or Filets de Sole au Vermouth is an easy dish to make at home and is so delicious with it's creamy delectable sauce that you will impress everyone at your table.
The Best Sole Recipe
Like it? ~ Let us know below!
Don't worry, you have a choice to print the photo or not, when you click print! ;-)
Filets De Sole Au Vermouth
This filet of Sole recipe or Filets de Sole au Vermouth is an easy dish to make at home and is so delicious with its creamy delectable sauce that you will impress everyone at your table.
- 2 large fillets of sole
- 150 mls/1/4 pint dry vermouth
- 225g/8oz mushrooms, sliced thickly
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 5 tbsp water
- 25g/1oz butter cut into pieces
- 275mls/1/2 pint double cream
- 4 egg yolks
- Fishbones and trimmings from filleted sole
- 275mls/1/2 pint dry white wine
- 275mls/1/2 pint water
- 100g/4oz chopped onion
- Bouquet garni
- Salt and black pepper
Making The Fish Stock
- First make the stock by placing the fish bones and trimmings in a large pan with wine, onion, bouquet garni and seasoning and bring to the boil.
- Lower the heat and cook until the liquid has reduced by half. Set aside.
Cook The Sole & Sauce
- Butter a heavy-based pan and place the fish fillets in the pan.
- Pour the vermouth and the reduced stock over the fillets and poach for 10 minutes.
- Now, drain the liquid, reserving it for later, and place the fillets on a warm dish or large plate.
- Cook the mushrooms in the water with lemon juice and butter.
- Season and cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Strain the liquid into a pan and garnish the fish with the mushrooms.
- Reduce the liquid you reserved earlier by half and reduce the mushroom liquid to half also.
- Mix the two liquids together and now add the cream.
- Heat slowly until very hot but not boiling.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the egg yolks.
- Place the pan over low heat and add the lemon juice.
- Beat thoroughly until the liquid thickens.
- Pour the sauce over the fish and serve immediately.
- Your filets of sole recipe is now ready for you to enjoy served with a dry white burgundy or your favorite French wine!
Visit my Pinterest boards.
Get the nutritional information for this recipe from CALORIE COUNTER, it’s easy.
Need a different weight or volume measurement for the ingredients in this recipe? Get it at CONVERT ME.
Copyright © 2014-2020 www.lovefrenchfood.com
sole recipe, fillets of sole, fish recipes, French food, dinner recipes
French food, cooking, fish recipes, dinner recipes
Did you make this recipe?
Love French Food
Fillets Of Sole