Spinach Quiche Recipe
To Delight Everyone
A tasty spinach quiche as an alternative to meat or fish quiches.
Spinach Quiche Recipe ~ Easy, Quick & Delish
Nourishing and tasty this is one gem that will please everyone and have them coming back for second helpings!
Spinach Quiche Recipe
Like it? ~ Let us know below!
Don't worry, you have a choice to print the photo or not, when you click print! ;-)
A spinach quiche recipe to make a delicious homemade quiche that everyone will love. Step by step instructions from start to finish. (If you make your own crust, then add more time to prep.)
- 1 Partly cooked 8inch pastry shell. You will find the recipe and all the instructions for the pastry shell at the Patisserie! Please go to French pastry recipes
- 1 1/4 cup/6oz/175gms/ blanched spinach (you can use frozen spinach too if you prefer)
- 2 tbsp/1oz/30gms/ minced onion
- 2 tbsp/1oz/30gms butter
- Salt and pepper to taste about 1/2 tsp of salt is average with a pinch of pepper
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 3 eggs or 2 eggs plus 2 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 cups/1/2 pint single cream
- 1/4 cup/1oz grated Swiss cheese, Gruyère, cheddar or any favorite cheese will work well.
- Prepare the oven to a preheated temperature of 375F/190C/Gas 5
- Cook the onion in the butter in a heavy-bottomed pan for about 1 minute.
- Add the spinach and stir for a few minutes to evaporate the water.
- Stir in the salt, pepper, and nutmeg to taste.
- Beat the eggs lightly and add the cream and seasoning to taste.
- Gradually add the spinach to the egg mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pastry shell.
- Sprinkle with Swiss cheese or the cheese of your choice.
- Place on a baking tray and bake in the oven for about 20 - 30 minutes until golden brown and puffed up.
- And there you have it - a tasty spinach quiche ready to serve!
Visit my Pinterest boards.
Get the nutritional information for this recipe from CALORIE COUNTER, it’s easy.
Need a different weight or volume measurement for the ingredients in this recipe? Get it at CONVERT ME.
Copyright © 2014-2020 www.lovefrenchfood.com
spinach quiche, pastry, brunch, easy, quick
French food, cooking,
Did you make this recipe?
More Great Recipes