Stuffed Avocado recipe is such an easy dish to prepare and only has a few ingredients, yet they make a superb hors d'oeuvre or appetizer!
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 firm tomatoes, peeled
- 1 lemon
- 1 small onion
- 1 teaspoon capers, optional
- 1 tablespoon natural yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Cut the avocados in half - simply run a sharp knife around the avocado length-wise and twist the two halves. They should split revealing the stone. Remove the stone.
- Scoop out the avocado flesh without damaging the shells as you need them for your filling.
- Sprinkle a little lemon juice over the inside of the shells to prevent them turning dark.
- Seed the tomatoes and cut them into small dice like pieces - it is optional to seed them, I often leave them in and they are just as good.
- Cut the avocado flesh into small dice-like pieces.
- Cut the onion finely.
- Mix the tomatoes, avocados, onions and capers with the yoghurt and sprinkle in the remainder of the lemon juice, the oil and seasoning.
- Chill the mixture in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve your a dish.
- When ready to serve, simply fill the shells with the mixture and dress with a small sprig of parsley.
- Prep Time: 25
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: cut and mix
- Cuisine: French
Keywords: stuffed avocado recipe, hors d'oeuvres, appetizer