Tomato Sauce Recipe
~ Sauce Tomate ~
We love to hear from our visitors, please leave us a comment at the bottom of the page!
A Basic Sauce With Powerful Flavor
There are multiple dishes that would make your taste buds shine when served with this savory tomato sauce.
Basic, But Superb Tomato Sauce Recipe
This basic tomato sauce recipe or Sauce Tomate is made with ripe summer tomatoes and adds colour and a rich taste to your meat, vegetable, egg, pasta, or any other dish you might like to try.
You can of course make it with canned tomatoes but it is best to use fresh in-season tomatoes whenever possible as the taste and quality is so much better.
If you like using sauces to spruce up your meals, try these.
Basic Tomato Sauce Recipe
Like it? ~ Let us know below!
Don't worry, you have a choice to print the photo or not, when you click print! ;-)
Tomato Sauce ~ Sauce Tomate
You can use this delicious pasta sauce for egg dishes, pasta dishes, chicken, and meat dishes. It will transform them into colorful and extremely tasty meals.
Basic But Superb Tomato Sauce
- 1 oz chopped celery
- 1 oz chopped carrot
- 1 oz chopped onion
- 1 level tablespoon flour
- 1 rasher of streaky bacon
- 1/4 pint (5/8 cup) water or stock
- 1 1/4 lb ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- Bouquet garni
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a heavy-bottomed pan fry the bacon, celery carrot, and onions in the olive oil on a gentle heat for about five minutes.
- Mix in the flour until it is well blended and continue cooking for about a minute.
- Add the water or stock, the tomatoes, bouquet garni, and seasoning.
- Bring to the boil then immediately simmer and cook for half an hour.
- Put through a sieve and return to the pan.
- At this stage, you can adjust the consistency by adding more water if it is too thick or boiling a little longer to reduce to a thicker consistency if it is too thin.
- Taste your tomato sauce and adjust the seasoning to your liking.
- Serve your tomato sauce recipe when hot.
Visit my Pinterest boards.
Get the nutritional information for this recipe from CALORIE COUNTER, it’s easy.
Need a different weight or volume measurement for the ingredients in this recipe? Get it at CONVERT ME.
Copyright © 2014-2020 www.lovefrenchfood.com
tomato recipe, basic tomato sauce, french food
French food, recipes, cooking, sauces
Did you make this recipe?
More Great Recipes