A lovely, delicious appetizer or light lunch with fresh zucchini and luxurious foie gras with a fancy mushroom mix of boletus edulis. Superb!
- 1 zucchini about 6 inches/15 centimeters long
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt for sprinkling
- foie gras mixed with boletus edulis
- tomato jam
- chopped chives enough to garnish
- Turn oven on to 225°F/110°C/Gas ¼
- Cut off both ends of the zucchini, then slice into about ¼ inch/5 millimeters thick planks.
- On a cooking sheet lined with parchment, lay each zucchini plank with space between each plank.
- Season each plank with salt and olive oil.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Cut a slender sheet of foie gras with boletus edulis ½ inch/1 centimeter thick if firm enough to cut and lightly fry in a non-stick fry pan with a little olive oil on high for 2-3 minutes on each side. (If the foie gras with boletus edulis is not firm enough to slice, skip this step.)
- Put tomato jam on a plate. Place a plank of zucchini on top of the jam.
- Add the fried foie gras with boletus edulis on top of the zucchini or spread on top of zucchini plank if not firm enough to fry.
- Next, add another plank of zucchini.
- Top with finely chopped chives.
- Another layer of zucchini and foie gras with boletus edulis can also be added before sprinkling with chopped chives.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: appetizer
- Method: stove top/oven
- Cuisine: French
Keywords: foie gras with boletus edulis, appetizer, liver pate, French food