A scrumptious blend of butter, garlic, shallots, basil, and parsley made into a wonderful and poured-over succulent escargot and baked with a breadcrumb or pastry crust! Yummy!
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 sliced shallot
- 24 snails
- 8 cloves garlic
- 1 cup parsley
- 12 large basil leaves
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter chopped into pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven 400°F/200°C/Gas 6
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in saucepan, sweat shallot and snails for a few minutes, season with salt and pepper, set aside in a bowl.
- In a processor or blender add 8 cloves of garlic, 1 cup parsley, basil leaves, ½ cup unsalted butter chopped into pieces, a little salt and pepper, and blend.
- Place snails in oven-proof serving dishes and generously cover with garlic butter blend, sprinkle with breadcrumbs, croutons, or puff pastry.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10-12 minutes
- Category: appetizer
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: French
Keywords: Snails Smothered In Garlic Sauce, escargot, garlic butter sauce, French hors d'oeuvres