Chicken biryani recipe is a mix of the diverse and rich culinary heritage of the royal kitchens of the Mughal Empire (1526–1857) and the Persian pilaf. It is especially popular throughout the Indian sub-continent, but eaten throughout the whole world.
This dish is a tasty blend of aromatic spices of crushed cardamon pods, cinnamon stick, turmeric powder, curry paste, fresh coriander, and bay leaf.
This medley of flavors is cooked with tender chicken pieces, sliced onion, sweet raisins, and fragrant rice.
When the lid is lifted be prepared to be delighted!
Straying From French Cuisine
Pardon our wander, just mixing it up!
Biryani is a highly versatile recipe and most of the ingredients can be substituted with another food or just add what you like:
- Swap out the chicken with king prawns and topped with warmed lobster, or lamb, goat, beef, or eggs and potatoes.
- Add vegetables: garlic, tomatoes, sweet potatoes, chili peppers.
- Change up the spices or simply add: saffron, mint, ginger, chili powder, cloves, cum
What To Serve With This Biryani Dish
- A refreshing side salad like Cucumber Salad or a Classic Carrot Salad.
- A smooth cool scoop of yogurt sweetened with a little honey.
- Sliced fruit: bananas, mango, pineapple.