Easy To Make, Tasty To Eat
A Baguette is a long sausage shaped bread and is the most common bread eaten in France. I invite you to embrace the art of French bread-making, following our tried-and-true recipe, and experience the joy that comes from bread baking.
Whether you're a seasoned baker or a novice in the kitchen, our step-by-step guide will help you unlock the secrets of authentic French bread, and you'll find yourself returning to this recipe time and time again.
What Are The Ingredients?
The aroma of freshly baked French bread wafting through your home is nothing short of enchanting. This recipe calls for very few ingredients, four to be exact: flour, yeast, water, and salt, how could it be simpler.
For your French baguette recipe you will also need a very hot oven and lots of steam!
How To Make This Baguette Recipe
Time is the biggest part, but even then you are free to take care of other tasks. If you have children, they will be delighted to help with the punching and scrunching the dough!
- Beat the ingredients together to make the baguette batter and cover with clear film.
- Let it rest.
- Beat in the remainder of the ingredients and knead.
- Let it rest.
- Punch it!
- Divide into 3 parts and shape into loaves.
- Let them rest.
- Roll loaves onto baking sheet and slice tops.
- Place loaves into oven and bake.
It is wonderful to smell the aroma of French bread baking in the oven and you will have bread that is far superior to any that is commercially made.
A crispy French baguette recipe to give your family and friends a treat. Just follow the easy step by step instructions for the best results.
The French baguette is a common bread in France and sold in all markets.
The French baguette was granted UNISCO WORLD HERITAGE STATUS on November 30, 2022. A long deserved and grueling achievement.
You can fill them with your favorite filling or a good slice of cheese and a glass of your favorite wine!
What Other Great French Bread Recipes To Try
- Don't like the idea of hours to make bread? Then make French Socca, which is really a scrumptious flatbread. So easy and fast!
- Brioche is a famous classic French Bread for you to bake! This brioche bread recipe has instructions to make in a bread maker!
- Make the well known French breakfast bread, the quintessential French Croissant! So buttery, light and melt-in-your-mouth deliciousness!