Peach Melba is a wonderfully delicious French dessert created by one of the great French chefs of all time, Auguste Escoffier, in honour of the opera singer, Nellie Melba.
Peach Melba Classic
This is a very simple dessert made with fresh juicy peaches and smothered in raspberry sauce.
Like it? ~ Let us know below!
Don't worry, you have a choice to print the photo or not, when you click print! ;-)
A delectable fresh peach dessert smothered in homemade raspberry sauce.
- 3 large peaches cut in half
- 1 litre/1 2/3 pints/4 cups water
- 55gms/2oz/1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract or 1 vanilla pod
- To make the Raspberry sauce you will need:
- 450gms/1 lb of fresh raspberries or frozen
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 40 gms/1 - 1 1/2oz/2-3 tablespoons sugar
- 40 ml/2 - 3 tablespoons raspberry liqueur (optional)
- Vanilla ice-cream
- Mint leaves to garnish
- You will need a wide pan that will hold the peach halves in one layer.
- Pour the water, sugar, and the vanilla extract or vanilla pod which should be split lengthways into the pan and brings to a boil to dissolve the sugar.
- Cut the peaches in half, twisting them to separate the halves.
- Remove the peach stones with a small spoon or knife and place them in the pan, cut side down (the water should just cover them).
- Reduce the heat and simmer for about 10 minutes or until they are tender.
- Remove the pan from the heat and allow the peaches to cool in the syrup.
- When cool, take the peaches and remove the skins then place them on kitchen paper to absorb the liquid.
- Chill the peaches in the refrigerator.
- Put the raspberries, sugar, and lemon juice into a food processor and process for about one minute. If you don't have a processor, just squash them with a fork until mushy.
- Press them through a sieve into a bowl to remove any seeds.
- Add the liqueur if using and place in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve the dessert.
- To serve your Peach Melba, place a peach halve on each dessert plate (cut side up) and place a scoop of vanilla ice-cream on each half.
- Spoon the raspberry sauce over the top and garnish with some fresh mint leaves.
Visit my Pinterest boards.
Get the nutritional information for this recipe from CALORIE COUNTER, it’s easy.
Need a different weight or volume measurement for the ingredients in this recipe? Get it at CONVERT ME.
Copyright © 2014-2020 www.lovefrenchfood.com
peach melba, raspberry sauce, French dessert
Desserts, cooking, recipes
Did you make this recipe?
Love French Food
French Dessert Recipes