A Classic Normandy Apple Tart Recipe
A classic Normandy Apple Tart recipe that, not
surprisingly, uses Calvados, and is served with thick crème fraiche. A popular
dessert for a summer's day.
Normandy Apple Tart
Normandy Apple Tart Recipe
Like it? ~ Let us know below!
Don't worry, you have a choice to print the photo or not, when you click print! ;-)
Classic Normandy Apple Tart
A traditional French dessert recipe that, uses Calvados, and is served with thick crème fraiche. A popular dessert for a summer's day!
- Shortcrust pastry, sufficient to fill a tart case
- 3 large cooking apples – but experiment with others over a period of time to see which you prefer
- 1 cup (250 gm) Crème Fraiche
- 4 whole eggs
- ½ cup (100 gr) caster sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) Calvados (
- is distilled from apple cider)
- ¼ tsp (2 gr) ground cinnamon
- To line the tart mould
- 2 tbsp (30 gr) unsalted butter
- 4 tbsp (30 gr) plain flour
- 4 tbsp (30 gr) icing sugar
- Butter and flour a large tart mould
- Roll out the pastry and line the tart case with it, trimming away any excess at the edges.
- Place the pastry in the fridge to chill for a while.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F/165°C/Gas 3.
- Peel the apples, remove the cores and cut the apples into ¾ inch/2 cm pieces.
- Mix together the eggs, crème fraiche, caster sugar, Calvados and cinnamon.
- Place the apple in the base of the tar mould, and then add the Calvados mixture.
- Place in the centre of the oven and bake for 40 minutes.
- Allow to cool thoroughly, and then dust with icing sugar to serve.
- Next, eat well! Bon Appetit!
The nutritional information for this recipe has been calculated for the entire recipe electronically, if you are not satisfied with these results, please use the link to CALORIE COUNTER in the Notes section above. They are not intended as a health recommendation or guideline.
Copyright © 2014-2021 www.lovefrenchfood.com
Normandy apple tart, tart recipe, French desserts
French Food, Food & Beverage, Home & Garden, Kitchen/Cooking
Did you make this recipe?
More Great Recipes