Pork Chops Recipe
A Special Delight
Côtes de Porc Sauce Tomate
you want a pork chops recipe that gives you something extra special, this is
Pork Chops Recipe Special
is easy to make and is a dish that is good enough for a special occasion
because of the beautiful creamy sauce that accompanies it.
is widely used all over France and is made into endless pork sausages and other meats
which are all so good.
But for this recipe we are using small but good quality pork
chops which you can purchase from your butcher or supermarket as they will give good results.
sauce is made from fresh tomatoes, wine or stock such as chicken or vegetable
and a little tomato paste and Dijon mustard.
Of course, the final ingredient is
cream so if you are on a diet, choose this recipe for a special occasion or
just have a small amount – if you can – I tend to pour too much over the chops
as it is so delicious.
Pork Chops Recipe
Like it? ~ Let us know below!
Don't worry, you have a choice to print the photo or not, when you click print! ;-)
Pork Chops Sauced Perfectly
If you want a pork chops recipe that gives you something extra special, this is it! The sauce is divine!
- 4 Loin chops
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Salt and black pepper
For The Sauce
- 4 tablespoons white wine or chicken or vegetable stock
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tomato, peeled, seeded, and chopped (pour boiling water over the tomato for a few minutes and it will peel easily)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
What To Serve With Pork Chops
- Your pork chops recipe is now ready to serve with your favorite side dish.
- One of the tastiest side dishes for this is:
- a straw potato nest
- or you can serve it with creamy mashed potatoes
- boiled potatoes
- or pasta
- and always an apple dish for your digestion such as baked apple, apple sauce, sautéed apple
- Trim pork chops (too much fat is not good for you)
- Melt the butter and oil in a heavy-bottomed frying pan until hot.
- Place chops into the hot oil, season with salt and pepper, and reduce heat a little so they do not burn.
- Cook until brown (a few minutes) and turn them.
- Cook again until brown then remove from pan and keep warm.
- Pour out fat from pan.
- Add the wine or stock along with the thyme and bring to the boil.
- Cook until it has almost evaporated.
- Add the chopped tomato paste and the cream, stirring continuously.
- Now place the pork chops back into the pan and continue to cook for a further five minutes over low heat.
- Finally add the mustard, herbs, and chopped tomatoes stirring to incorporate them into the sauce.
The nutritional information for this recipe has been calculated for the entire recipe electronically, if you are not satisfied with these results, please use the link to CALORIE COUNTER in the Notes section above. They are not intended as a health recommendation or guideline.
Copyright © 2014-2021 www.lovefrenchfood.com
pork chops recipe, french food, easy pork recipes, tomato sauce recipes
French Food, Food & Beverage, Home & Garden, Kitchen/Cooking
Did you make this recipe?
Easy French Chicken Recipes
Season To Your Taste
6 Delicious Stocks