Sauteed Scallops Are An Impressive Dish To Cook
If you want to impress your family and friends with a sea-food dish then this dish of sauteed scallops is the one to fall in love with.
Scallops are delicious and simple cooking is the best way to cook them.
They can be used with various sauces but here I will describe an easy way for you to enjoy them and you can later add a sauce of your choice.
They are part of the oyster family a little bit like clams. They are called scallops because of their beautiful scalloped shells.
They also have two kinds of meat - the meaty part called scallop and the red and white soft part called roe.
In the United States the roe is usually discarded and only the scallop part used, but to be truthful, I used to gently cook the roe and give them to our dog; she loved them. Sadly, she's no longer with us...but that's nothing to do with the scallops!
They are a highly regarded cuisine in most countries.
Once you have tried these little gems you will want to keep this as one of your favourite fish recipes.
How To Cook Scallops?
Like it? ~ Let us know below!
Don't worry, you have a choice to print the photo or not, when you click print!
And the background is white when the recipe card prints. ;-)
Such an easy and quick recipe in fact, simple but delicious - you can't go wrong!
Fresh Scallops Sauteed To Perfection
- 2 lbs shelled scallops
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons dry white vermouth
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse the scallops under cold running water to remove the sand and grit.
- Dry with kitchen paper.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Chop the parsley.
- Heat half the butter in a large frying pan on medium heat.
- Add the scallops and saute for about 5 minutes, flipping at half time, until brown on all sides.
- Remove to a warm serving plate.
- Add the vermouth to the hot pan, add the rest of the butter and parsley.
- Pour this over the scallops and serve. Mmm...
- Do you want to add a sauce?
- Lemon and/or garlic are excellent flavors to put with sauteed scallops and can be added to the following basic sauces for a delicious outcome
- Make one of the lovely sauces listed here such as Bechamel sauce, Hollandaise sauce, Sauce Veloute, or Sauce Creme.
Visit my Pinterest boards.
Get the nutritional information for this recipe from CALORIE COUNTER, it’s easy.
Need a different weight or volume measurement for the ingredients in this recipe? Get it at CONVERT ME.
Copyright © 2014-2020 www.lovefrenchfood.com
sauteed scallops, french food, shellfish
cooking, recipes, French food
Did you make this recipe?
Now you have a truly wonderful fish recipe for your appetizers or starters and one that everyone will love!
More Great Recipes
More Great Recipes