If you want to impress your family and friends with a sea-food dish then this dish of sauteed scallops is the one to fall in love with.
Scallops are delicious and simple cooking is the best way to cook them. They can be used with various sauces but here I will describe an easy way for you to enjoy them.
They are part of the oyster family a little bit like clams. They are called scallops because of their beautiful scalloped shells.
They also have two kinds of meat - the meaty part called scallop and the red and white soft part called roe. In the Unites States the roe is usually discarded and only the scallop part used.
They are a highly regarded cuisine in most countries.
Once you have tried these little gems you will want to keep this as one of your favourite fish recipes.
• 2 lbs shelled scallops
• 4 tablespoons butter
• 4 tablespoons dry white vermouth
• 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
• Salt and pepper to taste
• Dry with kitchen paper.
• Season with salt and pepper.
• Heat half the butter in a large frying pan.
• Add the scallops and saute for about 5 minutes, until brown on all sides.
• Remove to a warm serving plate.
• Add the vermouth to the hot pan, add the rest of the butter and parsley.
• Pour this over the scallops and serve.
Now you have a truly wonderful fish recipe for your appetizers or starters and one that everyone will love!