Tangy balsamic vinegar and a pinch of salt transform olive oil and sautéed peppers into a great side dish for a hearty entrée...or as a major part of a meal for vegetarians.
· Extra-virgin olive oil
· 1 large red pepper, seeded and cut lengthwise into chunky slices
· 1 large orange or yellow pepper, seeded and cut likewise
· 2 tbsps balsamic vinegar
· ground black pepper
The addition of sliced onion will further enhance this side dish.
1. In a large skillet, stir together the olive oil and peppers over medium heat.
2. Sauté the peppers for 5-7 minutes, until they are tender but still firm.
3. Stir in the balsamic vinegar, pepper, and salt; cook for an additional 1 minute.
4. Transfer the peppers and sauce to a dish and serve hot.