Mushroom Pate Recipe
Heavenly Hors D'oeuvres
Mushroom Pate So Easy & Tasty
A fresh mushroom pate recipe for you to have an appetizer on your table that is so simple yet sensational.
A tasty mushroom pate recipe for you to make at home and amaze your friends and family with this refreshing addition to your hors d'oeuvres table.
- 8 oz (225gm) Cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon white wine or brandy
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4oz/110gm/1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 lb/450gm/2 cupsof chestnut mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley
- Clean the mushrooms and cut them in half.
- Melt the butter in a heavy-bottomed pan and cook the onion until it is soft but not brown.
- Add the mushrooms and continue cooking slowly for about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Add the pepper.
- Blend the cream cheese with the wine in a blender.
- Now place cooked mushrooms and onions in the blender together with the parsley.
- Blend gently until you have a smooth puree. (Taste at this point and adjust seasoning if needed. You can add a little salt if you like)
- Place in a serving dish and refrigerate for a few hours until firm.
- Garnish with fresh parsley.
- Your mushroom pate will keep in the refrigerator for a few days.
- Serve with freshly made toast or crispy French bread.
Visit my Pinterest boards.
Get the nutritional information for this recipe from CALORIE COUNTER, it’s easy.
Need a different weight or volume measurement for the ingredients in this recipe? Get it at CONVERT ME.
Copyright © 2014-2020 www.lovefrenchfood.com
mushroom pate, hor d'oeuvres, appetizer
cooking, hor d'oeuvres, appetizer recipe
Did you make this recipe?
Can you just smell those mushrooms?
It's so simple yet sensational.
Everyone will fall in love with this one!
Love French Food