Vegetable Bake ~
Courgette & Tomato
We love to hear from our visitors, please leave us a comment at the bottom of the page!
This courgette (zucchini) and tomato vegetable bake which is also known as Tian Provencal is a simple but tasty traditional dish from the Provencal area of the South of France.
Vegetable Bake ~ Tian Provencal
The amount of fresh vegetables are plentiful and the peasants would have made their vegetable dishes using what was available in season.
This dish would have been made at home and taken to the bakers and when the baker had finished making the bread these simple dishes would have been put in the bread ovens to cook.
This was of course in the days before people had ovens in their own homes.
It's a lovely refreshing and tasty dish to have on it's own with some crusty French bread or is delicious served with meat, poultry or fish!
Easy & Quick Vegetable Bake
Like it? ~ Let us know below!
Don't worry, you have a choice to print the photo or not, when you click print! ;-)
Tian Provencal A Vegetable Bake
You can serve it as it is with some crusty French bread and a green salad or your favorite meat, fish, or poultry dish. A colorful and tasty dish that is very easy and quick to make.
- 1 lb (450g) Tomatoes
- 1 lb (45g) Courgettes (Zucchini)
- 8oz (225g) sliced onions
- 1 tablespoon olive oil plus 1/2 tablespoon for drizzling
- 1 finely crushed garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon dried herbes de Provence
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to about 350F/180C/Gas 4
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy-based pan and sweat the onions and garlic over low heat until they are soft and golden.
- Place the onions in the base of a shallow baking dish.
- Cut the tomatoes into thick slices about 1/4in/6mm thick.
- Cut the courgettes into thick slices about 1/2 in/1cm thick.
- Arrange the tomatoes and courgettes in alternate rows over the onions and sprinkle with the parmesan cheese, herbs, salt, and pepper.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the vegetables are tender, about twenty minutes.
- Your Provencal Tian is now ready to serve!
- You can serve it as it is with some crusty French bread and a green salad or your favorite meat, fish, or poultry dish.
Visit my Pinterest boards.
Get the nutritional information for this recipe from CALORIE COUNTER, it’s easy.
Need a different weight or volume measurement for the ingredients in this recipe? Get it at CONVERT ME.
Copyright © 2014-2020 www.lovefrenchfood.com
Tian Provencal, vegetable bake, french food
French food, recipes, cooking
Did you make this recipe?
More Great Recipes