Galette Recipe Nantaises
This galette recipe to make Nantes biscuits is very easy and quick to make. You will find it a delicous cookie to have with you morning coffee or a snack at any time of the day. The kids love them as they are just scrumptious.
• 6oz all purpose flour
• 2oz unsalted butter - cut into small pieces
• 2oz sugar
• 2oz ground almonds
• 2 egg yolks
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
You can use a processor if you want to mix the ingredients but here are the instructions for making the dough by hand.
• Sieve the flour into a large bowl and rub the butter into the flour until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
• Add the sugar, salt and ground almonds.
• Add the 2 egg yolks and mix into the dough until it is smooth.
• Place the dough in the refrigerator for about 1 hour to rest.
• Roll out the dough on a lightly floured board until it is about 1/8 inch thick.
• Use a small pastry cutter to cut out small round biscuits and place them on a lightly greased baking tray.
• Brush lightly with egg.
• Score the tops with a knife or a fork.
• Sprinkle a little ground almonds in the centre and dust lightly with icing sugar.
• Bake in a hot oven for about 8 minutes or when they are golden brown.
Cool on a wire tray and when cold keep in an air tight tin (if you can keep them - they won't last long!)