Daube de Boeuf À la ProvenÇal
A delicious beef stew recipe slow cooked in the crockpot is a great family meal or for entertaining. A French beef stew recipe which in France is known as Daube a traditional family meal.
About This Recipe
And believe me there is nothing quite like it!
It is called daube because of the old earthenware container it was cooked in.
There are variations of this beef stew recipe but they are all fantastic.
It is best started the day before as it improves in flavor.
As it is a meal made ahead, it is perfect for entertaining.
It is also a favorite meal eaten on Christmas Eve in France with all the family together.
Important Tips For Beef Stew Recipe
1. This beef stew will serve approximately 6 family members or friends.
2. Find directions for a bouquet garni here.
3. Always keep your marinade over night in the refrigerator.
4. To brown meat it is necessary that the meat is dry. Use a paper towel to dry off your beef pieces after removing them from the marinade before placing in a hot skillet to brown. Wet meat will steam, but it will not brown nicely the way you want it to.
What To Serve With This French Beef Stew?
- Your delicious beef stew recipe is wonderful served with creamy mashed potato, polenta or sauteed potatoes.
- French bread like a crusty baguette or a loaf of brioche bread are perfect!
- And of course a glass of red wine such as Burgundy will complete your meal!
Enjoy this delectable crockpot beef stew with gravy recipe as it is well worth the planning ahead!Print